Thursday, October 31, 2013

NaNoWriMo is here again...

November is National Novel Writing Month.

Every year, I participate but I don't. That is to say, I've never actually sign up. I have, however, kept track of my word count. Last year, I met my goal, not to write a new novel but to finish one and work on two others.

This year, I have a book started I need to finish. I also have Novellas (20,000-40,000 words) or Novelettes (7,500-15,000 words) to write rough first drafts and re-write.

The idea is to write 50,000 words in a single month. I endeavor to keep Sunday a day of rest means about 2,000 words a day the other 26 days. I need someplace to be accountable. Since I post everyday on FB, I'll keep track of my word count there.

I'm looking forward to the coming challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment