Friday, September 9, 2016

Favorite Book Friday

So many choices. So many amazing books. I want to share books I'm currently reading, but I also want to share books I thought worth keeping. I think what I'll do is share favorite books I'm currently reading once I finish them and work through the books on my shelves when there isn't a current one for the week. This week, I'm sharing books on my shelf. My Scriptures go without saying. I can't live without them. The next oldest books on my shelf, above my computer, are all three books of "The Lord of the Rings," The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King. I first read them in middle school. I was between twelve and fourteen. None of my friends read the books, so I was alone in my love for them. It wasn't until the movies came out that I finally found a host of other amazing wonderful people who loved the story as much as I did. I met online friends through various LOTR events. I'm still friends with many of them.
These are the survivors of my original Christmas cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment