Thursday, June 21, 2018

What the Announcement means for me...

My series published through Desert Breeze Publishing, Endless Possibilities, Endless Knights, and The Silver Locket Sisterhood, are being pulled from all markets, a total of 13 books and 1 short story. Desert Breeze will leave them at their own site until June 30th. In July, rights to my books will be returned to me. I will have the opportunity to secure my book covers. The cover artist has agreed to work with me.

My options: Work with a different publisher or self-publish. I'm choosing to self-publish.

I think all the books could use a fresh look. I'm going to review each one. I hope to add more descriptions and depth, using what I've learned in the last six years. I haven't decided on a release schedule yet.

My Holiday, USA series is not affected in any way. It will remain available.

I'm saddened by the decision. Desert Breeze has been a wonderful publishing house to work with, and I have been honored to be a member of their family. I'm grateful for Gail Delaney believing in me, and for Jenifer Ranieri overseeing all my cover art. Carol Fiorillo designed my covers, which I love. Jenifer arranged for sized covers and avatars of my covers to use on social media. I've enjoyed the company of both Gail and Jenifer at conferences. I'll miss working with them but look forward to seeing them on social media. Who knows but we might catch up at another conference. May God bless them on their new adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you can secure your book covers, they are as much a part of the book as the story itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. Sorry, Margaret! Blogger stopped telling me comments were waiting to be published. We're back on speaking terms. :-)

      Delete