Thursday, September 20, 2018

Musical Thursday

Jeff, over at RabBits, shared a lovely post.


He talked about watching a seagull alone. The first thing to pop into my head was Jonathan Livingston Seagull. The next thing I know I'm wandering through memories. Some good. Some not. Hope burning through them all.

The book influenced me at a young age. I always saw God in it, though I've heard others condemn it for being Godless. I remember hearing a speaker say, "Search for good wherever you can find it." Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of my keepers. It affected me on many levels.

A movie was made. YouTube is an amazing place. I watched it there when it wasn't available anywhere else.

There was a time in my childhood when I slept in the living room on the floor. I'd put on the bulky headphones and listen to the soundtrack, by Neil Diamond. That's how I went to sleep, for a month or two, maybe longer.


The above link is to "Be," one of the tracks. I still love this music. Yes, I owned the vinyl and finally bought the CD. I still enjoy listening to it. The next is "Dear Father." A couple of my favorites...I love the whole album.


I believe God sent it into my life to teach me to fly in spite of the abuse. Through the muck and the mire, it was bits of inspiration like this that kept me from giving up. God often sent help in the way of music and books.

Side Note: My first hero, in "A Promise of Possibilities" was named Jonathan. Yes, a tribute to a long-adored hero, Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

No comments:

Post a Comment