Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Loss

Hallee Bridgeman writes Christian romance. I was privileged to meet her at a readers' conference, many years ago. I was already a fan of her Jewel series. She doesn't pretend that the physical reaction in a relationship, including a budding one, is nonexistent. I try to acknowledge the same thing in my own stories.

Did you know that guidelines for many Christian publishers demands that the only reaction to a kiss be the emotional one? Physical reactions are not to be mentioned. Hallee allowed me to believe an audience existed for my type of stories.

She and her husband attended the conference, and their faith definitely wasn't hidden under a bushel. I was inspired and encouraged.

Once I joined FB, I followed her. I finally signed up for her newsletter and her YouTube channel. I've read and watched her participation in various conferences. I've watched her family go on vacation. Her children have grown up before my eyes.

Sadly, she posted yesterday, that her youngest son, Jeb, was out walking and was hit and killed by driver in a truck. He was only 14 years old, a freshman, a remarkable young man. I only recently watched him participate in the national rubrics cube competition. I watched them strip and clean a house. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of a family working together and having fun together.

I have no children of my own. I can't begin to imagine what they're going through. I pray for God's grace and mercy on them. May they feel His loving embrace, encompassing them in their sorrow and Jeb in eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment