Friday, July 23, 2010

Another twist...

Right in the middle of my hero's introspection, the heroine showed up. What? Why? I don't know. Part of my writing time, tonight, will be spent interrogating my heroine. I have this sense that I was dragging my feet, and she grew impatient, but she needs to come up with a better excuse than "I was bored." Though, I must confess, she may be right about it dragging.

This morning, I discovered my bread-and-butter client will be out of town, all next week. Hrmph. I could have gone to Nationals, the RWA (Romance Writers of America) conference, in Orlando. Now, it is within my power to pout and grouse and feel miserable or explore the possibilities God has opened before me. I prefer the sound of the latter.

2 comments:

  1. There was some conversation about detours. Where is yours going to take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to tell characters to be still -- but usually, it is best to listen to them when they appear unexpectedly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete