Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day

It seems a fitting day to make my own Declaration of Independence. I choose to leave the past behind, learning from it but no longer allowing it to rule my future. I choose to explore the gift of words God has given me, more fully. I choose to learn to overcome the fear that holds me frozen too often. I choose to accept each day as a gift to draw nearer to God and the amazing people I encounter every day. I choose to embrace the adventure God offers me in the life He has given me.

Beginning today does not mean I will succeed instantly in all these new things, only that I will step into the days to come with a deeper, more deliberate, conscious effort to adhere to my new commitment. Many years ago, I accepted my Savior's Atonement for me, but I also realized then that it would be a constant, daily battle to fully embrace that precious gift. A gift I am given every day I acknowledge my Savior's sacrifice.

So now I embark on an adventure that has called to my heart most of my life. I don't know where it will lead me in the end, but it seems to me that God is more interested in what I learn along the way. Today, I choose to share the ongoing process of creating a writer, me. I am accountable to God for what I do with what He has given me. Here, I will mark my progress. I will endeavor to keep an accounting, every day. I've chosen the Safe Harbor theme because God is my Safe Harbor. No matter what comes my way in life God is always with me. I pray I offer hope and shore up faith because being Christian doesn't mean life is all sweetness and nice; sometimes, our faith and hope are the only things between us and the abyss. God bless.

8 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled to be your first comment! I wish all your dreams that you are working so hard to make a reality do come true! I'm looking forward to the mutual celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Deena, for being one of those who has held a light on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I like your Declaration of Independence. I looking forward to seeing where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful first step on what I am sure will be an eventful and beautiful Quest. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Quest is a perfect description. Thanks, Jan, for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being on my team, Flutterby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very eloquent and inspirational first post! I shall be praying for you as you walk the road of learning what independence in God means!

    His blessings to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're an inspiring example, Margaret. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete