Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thanks Deena,

For asking about my current WIP. You're the first I told about where I am mentally right now. I started this blog to be accountable; I need to be accountable, especially now. There is another writing project sitting on the back burner. The last few days, I've wondered if I'm using my current WIP as an avoidance pattern, procrastinating starting that other project. This comes with my struggle to learn to be honest with myself. Must I choose between THE PROJECT or the WIP? I think perhaps not. I believe the two are meant to complement, but I have been using one to avoid the other. So, this week I am searching my heart and doing the homework I've been avoiding. What is it God needs me to be and do?

"Life is too short without laughter." I heard this on the radio, today, from a guy in Tennessee, and loved it!

2 comments:

  1. Laurel, you're very welcome! My question for you is... what is it YOU need to be and do? Remember, God is our partner, not our director. We play an active role in the paths we choose to our destinies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, and that's really what the Quest is all about: Figuring out my place and purpose in God's eternal plan. I know He created me with everything I need, but I still need to figure out how to use the gifts I've been given. Thanks again, for the reminder. Friends: Reminders of God's love.

    ReplyDelete