Thursday, January 27, 2011

Progress report...

I intend to finish THE PROJECT by the end of the month, at least the rough draft anyway. I'm well on my way to exactly that. I also worked on my completed manuscript and sent the first 300 words for a drawing to be critiqued. Whether or not it will be picked is anyone's guess, but the important thing is that I screwed my courage to the sticking place and sent it in. Interesting to realize that I think it's now much better because of the need to keep the entry so short. The manuscript needs a good overhaul, but THE PROJECT needs to be finished first.

I'm also reading books for the Golden Quill Contest, offered by Desert Rose, a chapter of Romance Writers of America. I've discovered some wonderful writers that I've added to my yes list, but it's tough with the stories I don't really like. I can't simply stop after the first chapter. I can only judge it fairly if I read the whole thing. I have several reward books lined up for finishing. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Rough draft soon to be done is impressive. Congratulations in sending in a sample of your manuscript for a critique.

    ReplyDelete