Thursday, December 6, 2012

Natural stuff...

I have extremely sensitive skin. I've spent years trying to find anything to help my skin.

As a teenager, I suffered severe acne. Though I was put on antibiotics for years, it didn't actually help. I lied to myself it did. The cost was permanently stained teeth. Antibiotics do that.

The scars left behind aren't painful, but people often give me a pained look. Children, who tend to be more open about their curiosity, have asked if it still hurts. No, except in how people view me. I wouldn't know if they didn't tell me.

I've tried a variety of soaps and moisturizers. Some were worse than others. I was trying to reconcile myself to irritated skin.

This week, Yahoo posted a series of beauty tips. One of them caught my attention, and I decided to try it. It's been two days, and so far I love it.

It suggested a hot compress. Rubbing honey on your face. Another hot compress. Scrubbing your face with a combination of honey, baking soda, and oatmeal powder. I'm allergic to oatmeal, so I omitted it. Add a little water so the concoction isn't sticky.

Rinse and pat dry.

Use coconut oil as a moisturizer.

Repeat twice a day.

Do not use soap.

So far, I'm already having less trouble with dryness.

2 comments:

  1. That's neat! I have incredibly sensitive skin, too. I have to use petroleum jelly. I tried a scented petroleum jelly and I was covered in itch.

    ReplyDelete