Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Yesterday on FB...

Tagging my 7 authors: Kris Tualla joined Desert Rose, the local RWA chapter, the same time I did. It's been a joy watching her grow as a writer. Patty Ntihemuka was one of the first authors I started interacting with at Desert Breeze Publishing. Shaunna S. Gonzales is one of the new authors I've read and enjoyed. Arlene James has been one of my favorite authors for years. Kathy Altman was introduced to me (and added to my TBR list) when she was spotlighted by Diane Gaston, one of my favorite Regency Romance writers.
A while ago, I was offered the 7/77 7 7 challenge. From page 7 or 77, track down 7 lines and share the next 7 lines of the current WIP. I thought about using Hidden Possibilities, which comes out in March. However, the challenge states the current WIP. Right now, the current WIP on my desktop is Unexpected Possibilities. It won't be out until October. This will all change through editing because I haven't yet put in page breaks between chapters, but for now: Page 7, down 7 lines, and then the next 7 lines:

...Lily's sensation of falling into darkness. The warm bodies packed into the pews created a stifling heat. To decrease the discomfort, the priest lit only the candles necessary, increasing the gloom within the stone walls.

Lily raised her voice in song, praying the hope of the hymn raised her spirits.

A gentleman, attested by his fine clothes, slipped into the space beside her. She struggled to hide the delicious shiver from his broad shoulder nudging her. He glanced at her and offered a brief nod in greeting. His face put her in mind of an angel, firm jaw, bowed lips, straight nose....

No comments:

Post a Comment