Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hunted on FB, last Friday...

James: He's gone.
Richard: Who is gone?
James: My brother.
Eric: Are you talking about the guy I saw walking out yesterday?
James: The same.
Eric: I don't know why you're acting so depressed. The way he was looking at the girl on his arm, I think he's pretty happy about it.
Richard: You gudgeon. Matthew isn't gone. He's published. They are not even remotely the same thing.
James: I'm alone now.
Richard: What about your younger brother, Benjamin?
James: I haven't see him in months.
Eric: Our lady's been a bit busy. I'm sure she'll bring him along soon enough.
James: Perhaps.
Richard: Of course, she will. If nothing else, she's tenacious. Never leaves anything undone, though she does take rather long to make her way around to some things.
Eric: Speaking of which, where's Jack?
Richard: He's here. Over there, in the corner.
Eric: What is he doing there?
James: She started outlining his story this morning.
Eric: He should be ecstatic.
James: I'm not sure he's entirely happy with how things are starting.
Richard: It's his own fault for being so complicated.
James: I think we can spare him a little pity.
Eric: Maybe, maybe not.
Richard: Buck up, Jack. She'll work it out in the end.
Jack: So says a man who doesn't have a storyline yet.
Eric: Ouch. Low blow.
Richard: It matters not. Do you trust her or not?
Jack: In this moment, I know not.
Richard: Fair enough.
James: A step in the right direction, anyway.
Jack: How so?
James: You are honest.
Jack: You don't know me.
James: No, but she does.
Richard: And she made you a hero.
Eric: So there must be enough redeeming qualities to save your sorry--
James: Enough.
Eric: No skin off my nose.
James: Not liking your own state of affairs?
Eric: I have to admit I understand Jack's misgivings.
Richard: And then we watch one of our own walk out with a lovely woman on his arm, and maybe it will be worth it…
Jack: Maybe it will at that.
James: Mark has been quiet.
Mark: I'm in a holding pattern, so to speak.
Richard: A what?
Mark: Editing is mostly done. Formatting still needs to be done. I've seen the cover, and it made our lady cry.
Eric: Do we need to take someone out?
Mark: No, she liked it.
Jack: Exceedingly.
Richard: I suppose we ought to celebrate Matthew's success in making it through.
Jack: Cheers, Matthew.
Eric: Go for it, Matthew.
Richard: Godspeed, Matthew.
Mark: Good luck, Matthew.
James: God bless, brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment