Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Chihuly morning...

My sister took me to see the Chihuly exhibit at our local botanical garden.

http://www.chihuly.com/

The glass art... stunning, jaw-dropping, amazing, incredible, fantastic...

We also saw quail, including a dozen little ones bobbing along as fast as their tiny legs could carry them. Adorable. We also saw doves, wrens, ground squirrels, hummingbirds, finches, lizards, and a cottontail rabbit!

We also visited the Butterfly Exhibit. Wow. My camera's battery died, and my sister filled up her camera's picture file. One of the butterflies landed on my finger and kept me company for a while. Humbling. Unforgettable.


Nesting doves. Really. Top third of the picture, a little to the left. White cloud behind the bird's head, but blue sky right above and cholla. Nasty plant cholla


Peter Cottontail. Not really, Peter that is. But the rabbit is there, between the bush and the rock. Promise.

I'll share more pictures from my photo safari over the next several posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment