Thursday, May 29, 2014

Life Happens...

Fortunately, God knows this and is already there. He prepares a way. What I've discovered in my own life is that God's way is rarely my way. It isn't that my plan was a bad plan. I do the best I'm able with what I have and know. God sees the complete picture.

So, why bother with creating a plan at all?

For one thing, it's a good exercise for me. It requires self-discipline, imagination, and perspective. Creating a plan requires me to consider my options, my capabilities, and perhaps more importantly what is it I want to accomplish. Often, once I think things through, what I thought I wanted wasn't.

What's more important?

I learn to trust God. When my plan blows up in my face, I must trust God to see me through the fire.

My plan, too often, is a fence to contain my world. God's plan pushes me to bloom outside my fence.



No comments:

Post a Comment