Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Editing...

The most recent round of editing for "Tarnished Knight" is done. I read it aloud for the first time. Yes, it's advised a manuscript be read aloud, but I'm not comfortable. I stumble over the simple words. Having said that, I've participated in Tolkien Reading Day on a number of occasions. I read two passages from "Lord of the Rings." Namely, Frodo crossing the ford and the destruction of the Ring. I don't know why I never thought to read my own work in the same style. It was enlightening. I also trashed my voice. It's days later, and I have to remind myself my sore throat is not because I'm sick. Taking a quiet day or two or three...

I'm also working on personal edits for "Wings to Fly." The manuscript is turned in and awaiting the publisher's editor. Since I'm always finding typos, I go ahead and go through it on my own. My sister sent me her catches. She'll see stuff I don't.

Faith's Labor is on the desktop and increasing in word count. I'm thinking about participating in NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. I'll do it on my own. Less stress.

2 comments:

  1. NaNoWriMo always sneaks up on me for some reason. I've never participated, but I wonder if it might be worth a try this time around? Your post has reminded me that it's out there as a resource for getting ahead in writing -- and I definitely like the idea of doing it on my own. Guess I'll take the next couple of days to look into the possibility and do some planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it a couple of years ago, Margaret. I used the required daily word count to finish a novel and make significant progress on another.

      Delete