Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Four Days and 21,000 words later...

Christmas Present is done. Now, it's off to the editor.

One of the goals of this novella was to see if I could turn the story over to God. The last day was the toughest as I've battled a cold. Fortunately, this is what editing is for.

Next on the list is Errant Knight, Fitzgerald's story. It's currently written in bits and pieces. I'm going to see if the same technique works on a longer novel. I'm praying it does.

The stories are so thick in my head, I have trouble concentrating on much of anything else. I believe they're God given, and it is my responsibility to share them. I can't if I keep doubting myself.

This year, my word is Consistent because this is what I want to be in writing. The interesting thing about this one is that everyone will be able to see whether I succeed or fail.

Giving the battle to God. He's the only One who can win it anyway.


2 comments:

  1. What a great point you make about being consistent -- everyone knows when you are not! Your claiming of the word consistent for the year struck such a chord with me that I am taking that word, as well! (Thanks for sharing!) I also want consistency in writing, but also in other areas of my life.

    Congrats on 21,000 words in 4 days, wow!

    ReplyDelete