Friday, October 21, 2016

Favorite Book Friday

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell is the first military autobiography I ever read. It's heart wrenching and powerful and changed my life. It isn't neat and tidy. The language is real to a military warrior. I wept and found a kindred spirit in the courage to survive. An abuse survivor has to dig deep to keep going, to not give up, to not grow bitter and lose hope. A lot of days are a matter of drawing a line and dragging yourself across and drawing another line. I wouldn't recommend the book to everyone as some are truly too empathetic. I'm grateful to the warriors who stand where they are called to stand and fight for liberty. I'm grateful to families who raise honorable sons and daughters who choose to serve their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment