Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fallout of Abuse

On random days, I'm going to share information I hope helps other dealing with various types of abuse, physical, emotional, mental, sexual, spiritual. At least two or three overlap. I've lived with all five. It is survivable. I'm struggling to learn to not simply exist but to thrive.

My sister, also a survivor, has her own page, and I'm sharing her most recent post, the one that triggered my decision:

https://ptsd-acceptingcopingthriving.com/2017/06/18/making-changes/

She shared a link to The Mighty that opened the door for me to do some introspection:

https://themighty.com/2017/06/childhood-emotional-abuse-adult-habits/

As I read through, I realized all 25 statements could have been said by me, in one form or another at one time or another. I've managed to improve on all of them. Whenever I think maybe I'm "normal" something comes along and reminds me I've a long way to go. However, I'm learning to not beat myself up because I've come a really long way already.

Over the next however long it takes, I want to address each of the 25 statements, looking at where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going. If you're on the same journey, I hope you find something helpful. If nothing else, know that you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment