Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tuesday Tidbit

Another week without finding a word I can't use. Woohoo! A bit about editing. I'm currently editing on page 216 of 283. A couple of pages before, I fought with a paragraph that need tightening and clarifying. I'd make a change and walk away. Come back and make another change. The walking away gives me time to let it set while I cleared my head. After a week, I finally felt like I could move on. I hit page 216 and faced the same problem: material that needed tightening and clarifying. After shifting, reworking, and still not feeling like I'm done, I hit the point where I want to take the whole thing and trash it. Yep, welcome to the world of an author. However, after all these years of work, I've also learned wisdom. I'm taking a short break, read a few chapters of a book I'm enjoying, chat with friends, and come back to editing in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment