Monday, February 6, 2012

Following up Saturday...

Some of my blogs are planned weeks in advance, especially at my other blogs. Sunday's post caught me by surprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrAJsWvEIc&feature=related Susan Boyle's addition.

All I want to do is share the stories in my heart in the hopes one person will be touched and lifted, the way various authors have touched and lifted me as they have shared their stories.

Every day I wonder if I have what it takes to truly be an author. I have the stories, and I have the skill, but it's more than stories and skills.

I'm not particularly good a relating to people sometimes. I'm awkward and self-conscious, aware of my shortcomings and failings.

Then I take my worries to God, sometimes in a simple heartfelt plea, and God sends me a message. First an encouraging comment from Marsha, and then a little more. Les Mis is my all-time favorite musical. I saw it on the London stage during the first year, before it came to America. I identify with Éponine on several levels. Susan Boyle still inspires me.

Thank you, God, for being aware of me.

2 comments: