Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Desert Dreams Writers' Conference 2012... reason #6

One-on-one appointment with editor/agent (based on time of registration and availability) If you want the opportunity, here it is. No excuses.

So many fun blogs to read, today! Contests and teasers! And a book trailer! I was so surprised to see my first book trailer. It was about a year ago, now. I didn't know there were such things. More fun than a written blurb. It not only gives you a taste of the story, but a feel for the author's personal style, even if they have someone else create it for them. They won't approve it if they aren't happy with it.

My sister sent me this quote: The road to hell is paved with adverbs. - Stephen King

I laughed, because mine has been, without a doubt, as I've endeavored to edit them out. It has, on occasion, required rewriting entire paragraphs. However, despite the misery and complaining, the writing has always been noticeably better. Yes, there is that pesky 'ly' word, but sometimes they do come in handy.

Somehow, after spending a few days working on Mark and Grace's story, Luck and Sara have decided I've ignored them long enough. Good to know. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment