Friday, March 2, 2012

Desert Dreams Writers' Conference 2012... reason...

...#2 to attend: It's in Scottsdale, Arizona April 27-29. The weather is still gorgeous. The heat will be showing up, but April is lovely. If it's too warm, Chaparral Suites has two outdoor pools and whirlpools. It also has a complimentary fitness center, which I plan on taking advantage of, and tennis court.

Donna Hatch is featuring Arizona Dreamin', a readers conference, at her blog, today: http://donnahatch.blogspot.com/ She's one of the featured authors. I'm looking forward to attending this event, too.

Yes, this year is the year I settling into my new life as an author. I've been writing all my life, off and on. Ten years ago, I was encouraged to take my writing more seriously. Eight years ago, I started writing romance with the idea of publication, tickling the back of my mind. Six years ago, a friend challenged me to write a specific story for publication. It will be published this August. How cool is that?

Truthfully? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea I'm a writer. I know, it sounds silly. I have a contract. I work on my craft, every day, and yet I struggle with the realization I'm really going to be published. Not that my writing isn't good, it is, and I'm constantly working to improve it. It's doubts from the past, niggling at me, saying I'm really not good enough...

Hmmm... *pfft* to the old doubts. Back to work.

Thanks God, for people who believe in me, for guiding my way, for blessing me with the gift, and the will to push myself to use it.

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome to have been with you in spirit during part of your writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And very present in some ways. I don't know what I would have done without your encouragement, feedback, and computer expertize! :-)

      Delete