Saturday, March 3, 2012

Desert Dreams Writers' Conference 2012... reason #3

This conference only comes around every other year, so if you miss it this year, you'll have to wait two years to attend the next conference.

I love visiting different blogs. It's like meeting new friends, without the stress of possible rejection. If their subject matter doesn't appeal to me, I don't have to stay or be polite; I am allowed to simply leave. Visits are made when I have time. If the day is particularly busy, then I visit fewer of the sites, but if I need inspiration, I invariably find it at one of the places I visit.

The writing is coming along again. I've stopped fighting with Mark and Grace. Grace may not be happy about the story being told, but Mark is a persistent soul. Then again, Mark is also unbelievably patient, and tenacious. Grace isn't sure she likes it, but she can't bring herself to send him away. She can't seem to help giving in to him. It helps knowing he is honorable and wants her to be happy. Good. Makes my life a little easier.

Sara and Luck are also more cooperative. Why the fact I'm dividing my attention between three stories pleases them, I do not know, though I'm suspicious they are hoping I'll stop delving so deeply into their private matters. Nice try.

So far, Fynn and Caitlin have been quiet. I suspect they're hoping if they draw no notice to themselves, I'll leave them alone. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment