Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's in the mail...

Nervous and excited, I handed over my query letter, synopsis, and SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) to the man at the post office. I wanted to be sure it made it that far without being lost. Now, it's out of my hands and into God's hands, beyond my control. I know the hurt of rejection, and actually I'm really glad the first book wasn't accepted. It was lacking. I struggled to recognize that rejection for the gift it was. Self-examination is actually something I endeavor to do on a regular basis, but examining my creation wasn't as easy, or co-creation as Tolkien liked to say, because we are co-creators with God. God is the Master, and we the follower. I could not have accomplished what I have without God's guidance and inspiration, including the amazing and wonderful people God has brought into my life.

The waiting begins, but not idly. I'm doing a rewrite of what I have of book two, because in my honing of the plot things have changed. Sketching the outline for book three is also on the table, and maybe a Christmas short story as a bonus. I hope it's enough to keep me busy.

1 comment: