Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grace's recipes and a little bit more...

Lavender Pancakes:
1 cup Pancake Mix (yes, an add water mix, keep it simple)
3/4 cup buttermilk instead of water*
The dried petals of one stalk of lavender blossom (preferably no crunchy stems).

Mix until blended.

Cook as usual.

*When I've had lite syrup from canned peaches or pears, I've used the syrup and made up the difference with milk.

Buttermilk Syrup (as given to me by my aunt):
1/2 cup butter
1 cup buttermilk
1-1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons corn syrup

In a 3 quart pan, bring to a boil.
Boil 7 minutes stirring constantly (don't want it boiling over, it makes a mess).
Remove from heat.
Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Pour over pancakes.

And a little bit more, if only every little girl learned this, better late than never:
http://drkellyflanagan.com/2013/04/17/a-daddys-letter-to-his-little-girl-about-her-future-husband/

2 comments:

  1. Those pancakes sound amazing! And I really like that daddy's letter to his daughter. :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pancakes are yummy and easy. Someone on FB shared the link with me. I had to share it, too.

      Delete