Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11 Never Forget...



The world changed 13 years ago. I chose to change with it. I became more aware of the world around me. I endeavored to be more engaged with those around me. I tend to change slowly, a bit at a time, but I promised myself I'd never go back to being the detached person I'd been for so long.

I also promised myself I'd never forget that day. I'd never forget what happened, moment to moment. I'd never forget how I felt. I'd never forget those who were lost or their families, even though I didn't know them. I'd never forget those who fought and died in the battle against terrorists, evil men who choose to murder innocent men, women, and children.

I renewed my relationship with God. I needed to know God was in control. I needed to remember He could and would work evil for good. He doesn't change evil into good; He takes whatever evil dishes out and uses it to His own end. Evil loses in the long run, and God wins.

There is much over which I have no control.

I choose whether or not I become a better person.

I choose to be a better person.

I trust Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment