Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Link to article... writer's block...

A very dear friend sent this link to me:

http://www.flavorwire.com/343207/13-famous-writers-on-overcoming-writers-block?all=1

There is something about reading the experiences of other writers. It helps.

It was exactly what I needed. I'm in the middle of my usual re-write of the current manuscript, the one due at the end of the year. The basic story is there, but now I'm working to make the best possible story before sending it into the editor.

2 comments:

  1. These insights are great! Whether they are scornful or sympathetic, each author has a nugget of wisdom to import to those who have (or think they have) writer's block.

    The one I'm going to employ today to get me going is this one: “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” — Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Samwise Gamgee quotes the Gaffer: It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.

      :-)

      Delete