Thursday, November 29, 2012

Welcome, Patty Froese...



Patty Froese writes inspirational romance novels. I loved her book Perfect on Paper. She has a lovely blog I enjoy visiting pretty much every day. Most of the posts are her own creation, but she also invites guest bloggers. http://pattyfroese.com/ I'm happy to welcome her to my blog.

1. What inspired Legally Wed?

I asked some fans on my Facebook page what sort of story they would like to read from me, and they told me that they wanted a story that started after the "I do." So started thinking... how could I do that? How could I write a romance that started after the actual wedding? That was the beginning of Legally Wed.

2. Did any of the characters in Legally Wed come from your life? 

Yes! Lisa's father, Frank, is a lot like my own dad. Cantankerous and grumpy, but under that shell is a teddy bear. I enjoyed developing their relationship on paper a lot. I based it on my father's reaction after I broke up with my fiance. My dad asked me, after I was single for quite some time, if he should have encouraged that relationship more? Had he stood in the way of my  happiness? In my life, no, the man had simply not been the right guy for me. But for my character, I decided to answer that question differently!

3. What was the most difficult part about writing Legally Wed?

It was a breeze to write. I know that doesn't sound real, but besides the effort it takes to sit down and write a novel, this one just flowed out of me. It was amazing!

4. What was your favorite part to write?

I loved writing Mildred, the hero's mother whose husband has just left her for the secretary. At first, I had intended her to be a rather unsympathetic character, but the more I wrote her, the more she developed and grew. I ended up giving Mildred and her husband equal time in the book with my hero and heroine. She's plump, late fifties, rigid and angry. She's rejected, insulted and publicly humiliated, and she'll be darned if she'll take it lying down. I think you'll like her!

5. What's coming next?

This Christmas, I have a free read coming out called Wait for Me. I'd love for you to pick it up--my gift to you. In February, I have a novel coming out entitled Eye of the Beholder, and in June, I have another novel releasing called In the Morning. So hopefully you'll be seeing a lot of me in the next few months!

 Available through Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc, and wherever ebooks are sold.
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-371/Legally-Wed-Patty-Froese/Detail.bok

It's a delightful, sweet read.

No comments:

Post a Comment