Thursday, January 17, 2013

Most recent conversation on FB...

James: I say, Jack. Pray tell why the sudden morose mien?
Jack: You don't know what I've done.
James: Of course not. Oh. Our Laurel Hawkes is unearthing your story.
Jack: Aye.
James: We did warn you.
Jack: That you did, but I never expected this turn of events.
James: She has a way of wringing out one's secrets, whether you wish it or no. You'll survive it.
Jack: I'm not sure I want to…
James: None of that now.
Jack: You don't know--
James: Neither do you. The beginning is always a bit like a country back road after a storm, passable if you give yourself time, but a muddy business no matter how you go about it.
Jack: You don't understand.
James: We've all been through it--
Jack: No! You're not listening. I planned it all out. It involved adventure and time travel--
James: Time travel? Are you daft? Our Laurel doesn't write time travel.
Jack: I helped her lay an impressive foundation--
James: She doesn't write time travel.
Jack: Excitement, intrigue--
James: What part of she doesn't write time travel are you not grasping?
Jack: My plan was brilliant.
James: We all like to believe we know best. Trust her. She's already made you a hero. She'll not abandon you. Of course, that isn't to say she won't drag you through a bit of mud along the way.
Jack: I wanted to be a knight in shining armor, so to speak.
James: She's more of a tarnished armor kind of writer.
Jack: So I'm learning.
James: Trust she'll see you through it.
Jack: Not easy.
James: Never said it was.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it when your heroes get chatty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're easier to deal with if I allow them to chat among themselves. :-D

      Delete