Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yesterday's converstation on FB...

James: Jack! Did you see? Yesterday, she mentioned ME on FB.
Jack: This is significant because?
James: She usually mentions you.
Jack: I repeat: This is significant--
James: You do know you are a bit intimidating?
Jack: Surely you jest! I'm practically nothing to speak of, good or ill, except the assurance I am a hero.
James: Don't pretend you don't notice. It's Jack this and Jack that. It's enough to leave a fellow wondering whether or not he counts for anything, if you must know.
Jack: Do not be a widgeon. It's most unbecoming in a hero.
James: Heroes are not perfect, you know.
Jack: Never said we were, but we do need more than a modicum of confidence.
James: True enough. Still…
Jack: Do stop comparing.
James: Still smarting over your story?
Jack: We will not speak of it.
James: I will take that as a yes.
Jack: Muzzle it.
James: Not to worry, Jack. You do understand the only reason I was mentioned is because she is currently working on re-writes for my story?
Jack: Yes. She is working on YOUR story.
James: Oh. I do see the problem, now.
Jack: Thought you might.
James: Yes, well, it might help to know her writing improves with each story, so yours ought to be quite spectacular.
Jack: Now, I fear not living up to expectations!
James: Imagine how she must feel.
Jack: Oh, there is that. I suppose you want to pray for her.
James: Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment