Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Planting...

For Easter, I planted comfrey seeds and rosemary and lavender plants, all in pots. My hope is I'll be able to move them to cool spots during the heat of summer and save them. I've lost count of the number of plants I've lost to our scorching summers.

I'd like to make this a new Easter tradition. I'm allergic to eggs and have no self-control when it comes to jellybeans and chocolate rabbits. I think adding to my potted garden would be a good investment and happy substitute.

Comfrey is a healing herb. It also goes by the name "Knitbone." It's used as a poultice for broken bones, sprains, and the like. I used it on my horse when he was kicked, and it worked wonders.

Some of the seeds are in planting pods, and some are in pots. I'm watching them anxiously, hoping for the best. God willing, I'll have little plants to plant throughout the yard in the hopes of finding a good spot and a few to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment