Thursday, April 23, 2015

Writing Sprint...

Writers In The Storm hosted a word sprint day on FB, last Monday, from 4 a.m. to midnight DST.

I've been invited to join other groups but, frankly, I was intimidated. I didn't think I could do it. This time, I figured, "Why not?" What was the worst that could happen? I'd add 20 or 30 new words. That's 20 or 30 more than I had before. Win-Win, no matter what.

I added 13,524 words, finishing Faith's Labor. It was mostly a re-write, moving the story from one document to the other by re-typing. Even so, I added several thousand new words as I edited along the way. Wow!

At the Buildin' the Dream conference, I'll be sharing some of what I learned.

http://www.buildinthedream.com/

I'm endeavoring to learn to not reward myself with food. I chose this instead:
I've mentioned before I love place settings. These were on sale, averaging less than $2 a piece.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern. I love plates, too, but my daughter would kill me if I bought more. Congrats on the spring. I love the name, Writers in the Storm.It would be most appropriate for my neck of the woods. We had SNOW last night. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharron! Snow? It's expected to be in the 90s, next week, here.

      Delete