Sunday, April 15, 2012

Diana Duncan post on FaceBook...

Author Diana Duncan posted an article on "How to write more..."

https://www.facebook.com/dianaduncan1/posts/10150640066436332

She outlined what to do. I tried it, and it worked great for me, but not the first time. I knew I was easily distracted, but not how easily. Now, I know. I also know what to do. I'm going to try to make this a new habit. We'll see how it goes.

One piece of advice was to turn on music that pushed you. I decided to try my Styx Pandora station. I hadn't listened to it in a while. What was the first song on the playlist? Queen's Under Pressure. Yep! It worked. I added 1,000 words while editing. Yes, I know, she said to turn off your internal editor. I'll do so when I'm working on a new manuscript. Right now, I'm doing heavy editing of book 1 of Silver Locket Sisterhood's Luck In Love.

Thanks God, for sending inspiration when I desperately needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment