Monday, April 2, 2012

God Winks...

Over at Beth Trissel's blog the other day, she wrote a post titled "I Have a Cheap Fairy Godmother." It made me laugh. It isn't long. Go ahead and take a minute to read it. Here's the link.

http://bethtrissel.wordpress.com/2012/03/31/i-have-a-cheap-fairy-godmother/

It set me to thinking. FlyLady called those serendipity moments God Breezes. It's her phrase; I'll let her keep it. I wanted something I could call my own.

And so was born God Winks.

I've often lamented to my sister how God would solve some itty-bitty problem with ease, and leave me hanging on something huge. I'm able to look back now and realize I wasn't seeing through God's eyes.

On those big, huge, monstrous problems, God wanted me to learn a whole bunch of stuff. It takes time. Sometimes, God is doing a group project, and we're waiting on someone else to catch up. God loves group projects. The more, the merrier.

Then there are those little things.

So small, I don't want to bother God with it, and then, there it is.

God Winks.

I know it's Him.

I love this picture I found on FaceBook:



God Winks.

That picture is a God Wink. He takes something small, and seemingly insignificant, and uses it as a reminder.

Remind me of what?

He is reminding me He is aware of me. He knows me better than I know myself. He hasn't forgotten me. He loves me. Anything concerning to me is concerning to Him. He wants to help me. It's those little things that I make easiest for Him to fulfill, because I'm not fighting Him or trying to enforce my will over His. He is aware of my every thought and feeling. He understands me. He knows how I struggle, and He knows I need encouragement.

God Winks.

He loves me beyond measure, and knows that sometimes it's the little things that are able to touch the deepest.

God Winks.

2 comments:

  1. “God winks” I love that.
    I know exactly what you mean Judy. Something amazing happens and you just know it is “God”. It has happened to me several times; the most remarkable one was about twenty years ago when, during a bout of depression and feeling pretty wretched, I prayed for help. Later that day I took my dog for a walk and it was whilst walking I felt a strong urge to cross a field knowing it would take me out of my way; however something pulled me in that direction. When I got to the other side I found a ram with its head stuck in a fence. I was unable to free it and had to return home and wait for my husband to arrive. We returned to find the ram still stuck and even though by this time it was dark, we were able to release it to a waiting herd of sheep and lambs. I remember thinking “oh my goodness NM has spent a lifetime insinuating I was a bad person; yet God has just shown me I am not.
    Thank you for the reminder. I haven’t told anyone this story. Not everyone has your faith and your depth of understanding.

    Love, Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God not only talked to you, but you listened and followed through. I can imagine what would have been running through my mind: "This is stupid. Why am I going out of my way?" And then finding the animal in need of help. Well done! You're welcome, Molly, and thanks for sharing the story. I love it!

      Delete