Monday, May 14, 2012

Abby Gaines...

Moments ago, I finished reading Abby's latest contemporary That New York Minute.

Here's her website: http://www.abbygaines.com/

The first book I read by Abby was Married by Mistake. She instantly hit my Must-Buy list. Her NASCAR romances fed my budding interest in the sport.

Every book I've read has had laugh out loud moments and breathtaking attraction between the hero and heroine. Putting one of her books down is an exercise in extreme self-discipline, usually exercised at two or three in the morning because I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

For those looking for romances that don't go beyond the bedroom door, Abby is a great pick. There's plenty of spark between the couples, without it being overt for those who don't want books to go so far. (There's frequently a secondary couple.)

She's written her first inspirational, a historical. The Wrong Sister. It's in my TBR pile, part of a series, which means I'll probably wait until the other books come out before I read it. Yes, I like to read my series all at once.

One of my favorite things Abby does is provide little extras. Almost every book has added material on her website, under her "For Readers" section. It includes short stories, book connections, and "After The End," which includes an extra scene of some the stories not included in the book, when you simply can't have enough.

4 comments:

  1. What great ideas for things to include on a website... I'd never considered those before. Thanks for putting me onto her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Patty. When I grow up I want my website to be a lot like hers. ;-D

      Delete
  2. Hi Laurel, thanks for your kind comments about my books - glad you liked That New York Minute!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Abby! Thanks for hours of enjoyable reading.

      Delete