Thursday, July 5, 2012

One of my favorite posts of all time...

I know this is going to sound odd, but Patty Froese's post, yesterday, is one of my favorite posts of all time. I read a lot of blogs, but this is an I want this:

http://pattyfroese.com/?p=2759

I'm not jealous or envious. I'm very happy for her. I love romance. I also freely admit it's only a part of my life in books. An ugly childhood has left me with scars inside and out. No, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. It simply is. Everyone has their trials and tribulations. I endeavor to be open with mine so others won't feel alone. Feeling alone is something I understand down to my soul. Then came the day when I finally realized God the Father and Jesus Christ never left me alone. I have turned my back on them, but they were still there. I only needed to turn around and face them. So many times I hung my head in shame. I would reach out a tentative hand, and they were there waiting, ready and willing to embrace me. I do have a sacred romance in my life.

Thanks, Patty, for sharing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so touched that my post connected with you. You're right, though. That intimate relationship isn't just for romance, it's for our connection to God, too. No man will ever be able to embrace us with the closeness that God does. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Patty, and thank you for putting into words what I've always known but could never have expressed myself.

      Delete