Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas

One of my blogging friends wrote that Jesus is not the reason for the season. We are. Jesus came to earth for us. We are the reason for the season. If we didn't need saving, Jesus would not have come. Christmas wouldn't exist.

https://mustardseedblogs.com/2017/12/13/jesus-is-not-the-reason-for-the-season/

Having said that, I still like this quote (incourage encourages sharing):


It's still true. I can't mess up Christmas. It comes regardless of what I do or don't do. It comes because God so loved the world He gave His only Begotten Son to all the earth to save all who would accept Him. There is nothing so awful that I can do that He is not able to overcome.

Every year, Christmas reminds me an innocent girl and her courageous husband brought into the world a Child like no other, a Child they faithfully raised in God's way. The Child grew into a Man who chose to lay down His life and raise it again to deliver all who would choose Him. The Savior and Redeemer of the World, the Great Exemplar, the Healer of the soul.

Christmas isn't about me; it's about Saving me. It's about saving all who choose the Savior's way.

The message of Christmas is to allow God to change you. ~ Kevin DeVries 

No comments:

Post a Comment