Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Self Care 25 of 25

I want to take the same care going through these as the last group of statements, focusing on solutions. I'm not good at self care, but I am learning.

Original link:

https://healingfromcomplextraumaandptsd.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/25-obvious-non-obvious-self-care-issues-complex-trauma-survivors-struggle-with-lilly-hope-lucario/

25. At least one unscheduled day per week, with no errands to run and no work or social obligations.

My response:

I'm not so sure this is even feasible. I don't know anyone who has a day like this. Typically, if you work five days a week, the other two days are spent running errands and catching up on various activities not accomplished during the week.

That being said, I do believe I'm learning to balance my days.

If I have a social obligation one day, I endeavor to make sure I don't have any the next day. I need to clarify. I'm on social media every day. It's my connection to the world. I like being connected to the world. I do occasionally skip a day. When I go on vacation I take a break from electronic devices except to text home to let them know all's well.

I exercise six days a week and take one day off, Sunday. Sunday is the one day I don't set my alarm. If I'm feeling well, I attend church. Sunday would be the closest I come to an unscheduled day, sort of. It's the day I reflect on the previous week and see how I did. I also plan for the coming week.

It's okay to adapt good things to fit what you need.

I am doing so much better, and I will continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment