Friday, June 22, 2012

Ladyhawk and me...

By now, in the story, I’m writing a first person fan fiction, LOTR from Frodo’s point of view. I’m realizing how much of my own story fits with Frodo, so I’m actually exploring my life in what I considered to be within safe parameters.

I’m also writing romance, expanding CRB’s story. When she first suggested I help her I’d told her I couldn’t possibly write romance.

I was wrong.

I then told her I’d write it, but she’d have to write the dialogue.

I was wrong.

It wasn’t long before we had a running joke: “Oh, wait, you can’t write dialogue.”

Then I decided I’d only be writing these two stories.

I  was wrong.

Other stories were running around in my head, and I started writing them down. They were all contemporary.

Then a reader of CRB’s story hunted me down and contacted me, via email. She urged me to write a Christian historical romance.

I regretfully informed her it was beyond my skills.

I was wrong.

I didn't think a publisher would want my book.

I was wrong.

For those who think I always have to be right and can’t admit I’m wrong, clearly, you’re wrong.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I always reserve the right to be wrong. You seem to be wrong in the best ways possible. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never in my life have I ever enjoyed being so wrong. :-)

      Delete
  2. So excited to read it, Judy. Whatever you write will be inspired by who you are inside. And who you follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I appreciate the inspiration you've added to my life.

      Delete