Friday, June 29, 2012

Link to Horse Ballet...

This is amazing. I'm sharing it here for me. It's 6-7 minutes.

Horse Ballet or Dressage is a sport unlike any other. My horse was trained to second level Dressage and competed under his previous owner. Dressage takes years of training and requires a horse to respond to the slightest commands. I didn't know much about it. I've been horse crazy all my life, ridden whenever I had the opportunity, but never owned one of the remarkable creatures.

God has His own plans. My horse and I connected when I was his groom. His previous owner felt he would be happier with me. We had five wonderful years together, until his health required I make the unenviable decision pet owners must make. I still miss him.

Back to Dressage. When I first started working with him, we had an ongoing battle because he always drifted to the left. The poor creature came to me, and we had a horrible time learning to communicate. I couldn't understand it why he was being so difficult. I felt so guilty when I finally figured out he was obeying the command I was giving him. Because of badly healed torn ligaments, my right foot twisted out, which meant my right leg perpetually pressed against his side, moving him to the left.

I didn't have the skill to ride him in Dressage, but I exercised him from the ground and watched him put himself through his paces sometimes. Breathtaking.

http://blog.inspirationbygod.net/1539/spectacular-horse-ballet/

2 comments:

  1. My step mother-in-law (is that even a designation?) jumps horses in competitions. I think she's done some dressage too. I've ridden some of her horses and even got tossed from one. They are magnificent creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The designation works for me. :-)

      Ouch! I confess: He unseated me, once. He shied left, and I didn't go with him. Ended up with quite the goose egg. I still loved him.

      They really are.

      Delete