Monday, August 1, 2011

Feeling a little like Peter...

Last January, I began wondering if my job was going away. Losing my job has been a constant worry, for me. In February, my main client laid me off. I wasn't devastated. It was Jesus on the storm-tossed Sea of Galilee, beckoning me to come to Him. I stepped out boldly, trusting that Jesus would not ask me to do anything I could not feasibly do, even if I did it badly and even if I failed in the attempt. He asked me to take the step, and I took it. Last June, I sent in my query, and when the mail came, today, still with no reply, I began to wonder: What if it was lost in the mail, on the way there? What if it was lost in the shuffle on someone's desk? What if it was lost in the mail coming back? A viable possibility considering the fact that I had received in the mail, last Saturday, a letter I was supposed to have received more than a week before. As my worries circled and spiraled, a gentle prompting so clear and so strong it felt like it had been spoken in my heart: Are you going to trust Me, or not? As simple as that. So, I put my worries away, and say, "Yes, Jesus, I trust You. Wherever You lead, I will follow, no matter how much I stumble and fall along the way. I will always rise and follow."

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to keep our eyes looking in the right direction when we are walking in a difficult place. Even though Peter looked away, started to doubt and then promptly began to sink, he still did the right thing in asking for help from the Lord. I'm glad your ears were open to that prompting and your trust was restored. I'll be praying that your trust remains firm until that day when it is rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ((Margaret)) You truly strengthen me.

    ReplyDelete