Thursday, August 5, 2010

Long work days...

...make for very little writing. There simply doesn't seem to be much of anything left, after a heavy work day. I did add a little to the WIP, but even asking the characters what comes next gleans little more than a blank. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I did make a change I'd been thinking about, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to see what comes next.

Honor: 2: Privilege
Yes, I understand that one. Today, I noticed the date for the word first being used is the 13th century. I'm a bit confused by that since I know honor is a concept found in the Bible. The first thing that comes to mind is "honor thy father and thy mother." Maybe it's specifically the word "honor" as we know it in English. It is rooted in Latin. It's so easy to become bogged down in the details that don't really matter. But unless one is willing to explore the little details, it is difficult to find those hidden gems that are so easily overlooked by a quick glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment