Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rain kept me away...

...but it wasn't a bad thing, as I finally finished the current scene and started the next. I've always enjoyed the writing process, the way characters have of taking you places you never planned or imagined.

It's interesting to find things overlapping in my life. I've been contemplating humility and came across this scripture: Proverbs 15:33 "The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility." Am I humble? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Funny that I also turned to Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." So at least I'm not a fool, because I don't despise wisdom and instruction. One definition of humility is being teachable.

How does all this relate to writing? If I want my characters to be humble and honorable, I need to know what it is and how to portray it. For example, to create God-fearing characters, I first needed to know that being God fearing means loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment