Thursday, August 19, 2010

Words fly...

I open the document, my mind completely blank of where the scene is supposed to go. I look at the last line, and write the next. Suddenly, there are a few hundred words added, and I'm laughing at myself.

Decided to do a quick web search on honor and found the following at dictionary.reference.com : Honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions. Integrity: Adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character. Moral: Of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong. Ethical: Pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality.

That could all become very stuffy. Now why did that come to mind? Is it true? Or is it remembering those who professed to adhere to such ideals too often saying more but acting less. Perhaps, too often verbs are made nouns by Men. Christ was a doer.

1 comment:

  1. I think you once said that Christ was honorable. It was through His honor that the waves obeyed Him. Your comments came to mind when I read this.

    ReplyDelete