Saturday, August 7, 2010

Unexpected discovery...

Reading a book I don't enjoy is not inspiring. Not even a little bit. In fact, it's quite dampening, all the way around. Unfortunately, there are times when being tenacious is a distinct disadvantage. I keep reading hoping the story will improve. I'm more than half way through. So far, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I am becoming more choosy in my reading material, which is helping. If the book isn't finished, tonight, it's still finished. Starting over fresh, tomorrow.

Honor 4: one whose worth brings respect or fame: credit i.e., an honor to the profession
I think is where my concept of the definition begins to waver. I've seen too many lauded as a credit to their profession, and yet evidence suggests they aren't honorable at all. That being said, I do know people who are truly a credit to their profession, exhibiting the best qualities, the traits you would want in the professional you would want on your side in a time of need. Perhaps, I'm finding myself mixing it with those professionals who lack honor but have gained fame, and too often there are too many who hold fame in higher value than honor. I understand this definition, but it needs a lot of refining before it fits properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment